Monday, December 22, 2008

Tis the season for...leaks to the second power...

We have moved in to our new home, and stayed our first night there last Tuesday night, and it was great sleeping in our nice, queen sized bed!

While in the shower late Wednesday night, Josh happened to be down in the basement looking at our cable lines, and noticed a leak from the shower, on the second floor, dripping down into the basement! We called our handy guy, Matt aka our new best friend! over to look at the pipe on Thursday night. After cutting up some of the ceramic tile work Josh did, cutting a hole in the closet wall, and cutting an approximate 5ft by 2ft whole in our downstairs bathrrom wall, we found the cast iron pipe had a major slash in it. After the TEN FOOT LONG cast iron pipe was removed from our wall, and replaced with 10 feet of PVC piping, our leak is no longer an issue....from that leak.

Friday night was great! with the exception of a torn ligamint in my finger from Lola pulling me onto some concrete, and a two and a half freaking hour commute home! My dad came over and he and Josh installed the laminate flooring in our dining room! It looks AWESOME!

Saturday, Josh, my dad, and I all had a nice french toast breakfast cooked by my dad. After he left, Josh and I fentured out into Rensslear and went to the Home Depot (where I finally got my poinsetta, and over to Walmart to do some grocery shopping, before our friends Faith and Jesse, (and later Puzio)came over for what was supposed to be a fun night of present wrapping and Nintendo! Anyways, we got upstairs into our office, and Josh noticed a slight discoloration in a part of the celing. While examining the celing, he felt some water dripping down on him.

After we spoke with our neighbor, and attempted to get a hold of handy man, Matt, to no avail, we posted an ad on Craiglist, (after frantically setting up the computer, and ripping apart boxes to find a mouse!) and found a man to come over and fix the leak. Needless to say, a couple of hours and $150 later, he left, stating that the area would still be leaking for a couple more hours, as the water needed to drain out that was in the celing.

We got up yesterday morning, to find the leak, still leaking, and leaking even more than the previous night before. We finally got Matt over to look at it, and he fixed the issue in about 3 hours, and assured us that no more issues with the roof should arise, and if they do, to call him, and he will fix them right away, for free.

Christmas with my dad was a huge sucess, and we had a great time. My cooking, from what I was told, was WONDERFUL! Dad enjoyed his gifts, a golf game, a Best Buy gift card, and a Beetles book.

Josh and I got a digital picture frame and digital picture keychain. Josh also got a shaver, as the keychain was pretty much for me! We also got some tupperware, a microwave, a toliet seat, and some tools! All in all, it was a great time, and I can't wait to upload the pictures!

Anyways, I don't know when the next time I'll update will be. Josh and I would like to wish all of our friends and family a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season!

Remember, everyone! We now have a house, so you all MUST come visit us! We miss you all!

1 comment:

Queenie Jeannie said...

It's nice to meet you! Hopefully you are more settled in not and haven't had any more leaks!!!