Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A post that is LONG overdue!

I know, I know, I haven't updated this blog of ours in almost a month! Life sure is busy and exciting in Upstate New York during the summer time! We have had a great time exploring the area and venturing out of New York and into Vermont! A few weeks ago, we took a day trip throughout Vermont to visit a couple of wineries. We also went to Ben and Jerry's, and to the Cabot Cheese headquarters! At the wineries we got to sample some local (and delicious) wines, as well as get a tour of one of them! We both found it quite interesting to learn about the wine making process! Josh now desires to learn how to brew his own beer and should be receiving a couple of books on how to do so within the next couple of days! Cabot Cheese was also another place I found very interesting! During the tour, you got to see the entire process of how the cheese was made, all the way from the milk being delivered, through the packaging phase. The best part of Cabot was the many of varieties of cheese we got to taste after the tour, as well as the $30 we spent on cheese to take home to eat! (Needless to say, it's all gone now!)


We also attended the last game of the season (and possibly ever) of the Albany Conquest, arena football. Josh and I had a great time! We also met up with my parents at the game so they could enjoy the fun with us! On a side note: Way to go catching that towel, Mom! Good job fighting those grown men for it!


Last Wednesday was my 23rd birthday and we went out to a local restaurant with a group of our friends to celebrate! On your birthday there, instead of giving you a free dessert, you get a free 60 ounce Margarita! Pictured above, is my margarita! I would like to take a moment to thank our wonderful friends for coming out to celebrate with us! We had a blast!


We have also been attending quite a few of the minor league baseball games! There are only 6 games left this season and we bought tickets to each of them! Last night, was the Minor League All-Star Game and Home Run Derby. As for the home run derby, it was rather uneventful seeing the winner only hit TWO home runs! All and all though, we had a great time at the game! The National League won 4-3, which made us very excited!
Also, Josh threw another baseball at my right eye and this time bruised it! Together, we have decided that it is time for me to retire my dream of being a pitcher for the Mets! :)
Sunday night we will be taking my parents to the Valley Cats game vs. the Brooklyn Cyclones. The Cyclones are the affiliates for the New York Mets! This is our 30th anniversary present to them, and we hope to all have a great time!
I plan on updating this blog more often that I have! It is quite difficult to recall a past month worth of activity and properly write it all out!

1 comment:

lace1070 said...

Hey Janet and Josh ~ my hubby has been doing the home brew thing for a couple of years now if u need some pointers ~ Lace