Thursday, July 24, 2008

Crazy days in New York!

The past few days here in Upstate New York have been wacky, to say the least. We have had major storms for days on end now, and it seems as if the rain will never end! Today, for example, it was POURING rain, and the power went out here at my work for over an hour and a half. The rain stopped and it got beautiful and sunny out! While beautiful and sunny, the power was still out for another 40 minutes or so!

Josh and I had quite an interesting morning this morning, let me elaborate!

Josh and I live on the 5th floor of an apartment building in downtown Albany. Luckilly the 5th floor has a ledge about 5 feet wide on it.

So anyways, this morning, Josh woke me up to tell me somethng before he hopped in the shower. Due to us living on the 5th floor and not having AC, we keep the window open to let the air move around. I heard Josh get into the shower and a cuddled myself up back in bed for the half hour of sleep I had remaining before my alarm (aka Josh) went off.

Next thing I knew, I heard Lola taking a RUNNING start from the front door toward the window, which is really odd. I opened my eyes JUST in time to see her leaping out the window. I jumped out of bed and let out a deathly yell of "OH MY GOD!" Next thing I knew, Lola jumped back in the window as Josh came running out of the bathroom to see what was going on. Right away, I shut the window and kind of yelled at Lola as Josh finished up with his shower.

After Josh got out of the shower, we were discussing what would of made Lola leap out of our window, as we have never seen this sort of behavior from her before. We noticed that none of her toys were missing, so she couldn't have dropped anything out the window somehow. As of now, we just assume that she saw a bird on the ledge, got excited, and went for it.

Needless to say, the window is now closed, and Lola is locked up in her crate!

Other than that, our lives havn't been too interesting since the last post. We had a great time at the Stone Temple Pilots. (Yes! I even enjoyed myself!) We have also been going to quite a few Valley Cats games, (minor leauge baseball) and have brought our count up of games attended to 7-2 (I think!) We have attended two Conquest (Arena Football) games and they have lost both times. Tomorrow night we are going to the last Conquest game of the season with my parents! It should be a fun night out, especially since Josh promised me a t-shirt! :)



This picture was taken back in April. Please note the lovely pink roses behind me, as Josh bought them for me. Did I ever mention how great he is!?

No comments: